Coda File System

Starting/Setting up coda 6 client.

From: <paul.rogers_at_mowlem.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:51:45 +0000
Dear All

I am trying to set up coda ver 6 on a set of web servers.  I have previously got ver 5 up (on a different set of servers) and running but can\'t figure out what changes realms make.

I have the server installed and running and am now trying to get a client working.

I have done the following:

make client-install
venus-setup edm_bfhxx_wb005 40000
venus.init start

/coda still contains NOT_REALLY_CODA

clog admin gives

Unable to resolve addresses for Coda auth2 servers in realm \'edm_bfhxx_wb005\'
Invalid login (RPC2_FAIL (F)).

I\'ve read the mailing lists and see something about /coda containing something for each realm, but am stuck thereafter.  I also read the realms primer Jan wrote but coudn\'t figure out what the implications were in terms of necessary config.  I also note comments about DNS entries.  All the questions/answers seem to imply everyone has prior knowledge of the setup methods.

I\'m obviously missing something fundamental here.  Is there some documentation that explains the  process of setting up the client?  Or can some one explain it to me please?

Many thanks

Paul

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
notify the sender and do not store, copy or disclose the content
to any other person.

It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that opening this
message and/or any of its attachments will not adversely affect
its systems. No responsibility is accepted by the Company.