Coda File System

Re: automated setup vs. vice-setup

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:05:31 +0200 (MEST)
On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 josef.schwarz_at_bt.com wrote:

> What I would like to do, however, is to automate the setup for a couple
> of clients/servers, and using Expect together with vice-setup seems to
> be
> not the most straightforward way (prone to errors, when something in
> vice-setup is changed etc.).

Hello Josef,

I suppose that this has not had a high priority as it is not often that
you configure servers. It is certainly not worth bothering for a couple of
servers' sake.

You may consider making changes in vice-setup so that it makes the choices
non-interactively, I think it would be easier/more robust than configuring
expect.
Of course, the work has to be redone each time the script changes...

My 2c
--
Ivan