Coda File System

Re: venus SEGV

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:02:01 +0200 (MEST)
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Mathias Koerber wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I just installed CODA for the first time on 2 linux systems running
> the 2.4.20 kernel..
>
> On the client-only system, I have a problem with venus dying
> a SEGV death as soon as I try to do a 'cfs sa'..
>
> $ cfs sa /coda mathias all
> 17:32:12 Fatal Signal (11); pid 26562 becoming a zombie...

Hello Mathias,

Sig 11 should not happen, definitely - but the operation you are trying to
accomplish is out of question - /coda is a special directory, and you
never are allowed to do modifying file operations on it.

All realm (I like the term "cell" though) mount points directly under
/coda appear automagically as you access files in the corresponding
realm.

The paths look like

 /coda/codatest.lightspeed.com.sg/testfile

This behaviour has been introduced with 6.* releases, allowing a global
file name space in Coda.

Regards,
--
Ivan