Coda File System

Unidentified subject!

From: Lionix <lio_at_absium.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 03:10:06 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Jan,

> Hmm, I thought I had uploaded 6.0.2 for Debian stable as well. Most of
> our servers are running that.

Right it's there in the tree..
But I've tried the 6.0.2 stable, the 6.0.1 stable...
Then i went to 6.0.2 on unstable tree...
before i stopped and get back to my bed !!

> Correct, 2433 used to be for the SFTP bulk data transfers, but because
> of the masquerading firewall changes clients actually are able to use
> the normal rpc2 port-pair for the bulk data transfers. Masquerade was
> introduced a long time ago, and has even been the default since 5.3.19
> or 20.

This explain why my shell script return me a "WARNING : codasrv or codasrv-se
udp port not open" when i run it on new releases... 2 ports is no longer used !

> > Create a some users in pdb.
> > But when i tried to change my password or others :
> > - au failed with a :
> > Unable to resolve addresses for Coda auth2 servers in realm 'scm1'
> > RPC2_Bind() --> RPC2_FAIL (F)
> >
> > - cpasswd get the same problem...
> > I now bet that's due to codasrv-se port...
>
> Ehh, no that is typically because the auth2 daemon isn't running.
> (port 370/udp [codaauth2])
>
> > Re installed everything and the symptoms were the same :
> > - codasrv-se udp port not open
> > - no way for changing user password
>
>     /etc/init.d/auth2.init start?

At least I understood that I had nothing understood...
And that I have to work more..
Read a lot the ML, change conf, test, test, test...

I finnaly understood what a realm is.. ( i think / hope )
Now i mount the coda tree from a 6.0.2-1 client !! and clog !!!
Wooooooooooow !!!!!

During my introduce to new client I get disturbed by this :

--->5.3.20 coda-client
debpc1:/# cfs lv /coda/
 Status of volume 0x7f000000 (2130706432) named "codarootvol"

----> 6.0.2-1
debpc2:/# cfs lv /coda/
  Status of volume 0xff000001 (4278190081) named "CodaRoot"

So i thought i was on testserver at coda.cs.cmu because i did not get
0x7f000000, cfs whereis returned nothing, and acl where something like ro...
I reconfigured the client each time thinking configuration was wrong...

But this is a new feather in coda-client....
( rvm client side upgrade.... )
The volume "CodaRoot" is something like the local cache ! right ?
And realms appears inside it !!!!

The auth server correctly started was not found...
Because realm conf was wrong !!!!!
Logic.

I think I gonna get everything work fine as i wish soonly..
Now got to clean all the sh... i've made everywhere ! :-P
And practice some more...
Tomorrow...

Cordialy

Lionix
FS-cluster Newbee Administrator _ BUT improve himself...