Coda File System

Re: Venus reintegration error 198

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 23:41:09 -0400
On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 12:08:47PM +0200, Florian Schaefer wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 15:05:04 +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull said:
> > Is this the release version of 6.02, or is it the CVS head (which
> > still advertises itself as 6.02)?  There have been changes since the
> > release which have reduced the 198 - unknown errors to zero for me for
> > over a month now (and I was getting them daily until then).
>
> I'm using the release version 6.0.2.
>
> Does this mean, that my issue is a known bug and that I can reinitialise
> my venus? Or is there another way to resolve the problem?

I remember having had a lot of problems with 6.0.2 and an alpha server
and I did fix several problems. The most important one ended up being an
incorrect byte-swap in RPC2 which made it completely fail on the
roundtrip time calculation, causing a high number of disconnections that
didn't happen on a switched 100base-T, but occured quite frequently on
the half-duplex 10base-T network to the test server.

But I guess there were a couple of reintegration and resolution fixes as
well, although most of them should only be an issue when you have
multiple servers.