Coda File System

Re: RVM resize

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen_at_xemacs.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:11:52 +0900

    Joe> Is it possible (or suggested) that one try to resize the
    Joe> RVMdata and RVMlog partitions.  IE-- initially set up RVMdata
    Joe> as 90m but want to expand to 200m.

In the client, just make sure you have enough space in the partition
you are using, and enough virtual memory.  Shut down the client,
rerun the setup script, and restart with the -init script.

With the server you need to save the contents of RVM.  From my
.bash_history saved when I doubled server RVM from 22MB to 44MB a
(long) while back:

# stop the server
# save the contents of RVM to a file
norton-reinit -rvm /mnt/old.vicepa/LOG /mnt/old.vicepa/DATA 23068672 \
              -dump /playpen/coda-recovery/ServerDump
# change the parameters
vice-setup-rvm
# reload RVM
norton-reinit -rvm /mnt/old.vicepa/LOG /mnt/old.vicepa/DATA 46137344 \
              -load /playpen/coda-recovery/ServerDump
# restart the server

I think you can get the relevant numbers from the script and/or
/etc/coda/server.conf.  They're the size of DATA, not LOG.