Coda File System

Re: Coda-6.0.2 (and rpc2-1.19)

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 13:07:49 -0400
On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 08:38:28PM -0400, Anocha Yimsiriwattana wrote:
> I did update from coda-6.0.1 to 6.0.2.  It is very clear update. Still the
> problem with venus.init script and codasrv.init script won't start if we
> don't redirect out put to /dev/null device.  But we know what we have to do,
> right!

That is strange, I've made sure that codasrv is not writing anything to
stdout or stderr. Venus is still writing to stderr, but afaik that has
never been a problem before.

> However, I still have problem, sometime, with reintegration if I do a lot of
> update to the filesystem, say copy a lot of new files to coda.  Sometime,
> codacon stop running due to segmentation fault.  Sorry I can not get more
> specific information.  Overall, it is runing fine :D

Possibly fixed, someone reported that their codacon was consistently
crashing and I found a bufferoverflow that occurred when a file with a
long pathname was accessed.