Coda File System

Re: volumes ?

From: lou <lou_at_0xffff.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:41:55 +0100
In some email I received from Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu> on Mon, 23 Jun 2003
14:50:28 -0400, wrote:

> The final step is to force clients to see the new information. As I said
> earlier, this should really be the only missing link, but I know for a
> fact that volume information is automatically refetched after a restart.
> When you restart a client and access the volume, codacon should show a
> lot of Resolve related messages as the data is forced to the new server,
> a simple 'cfs strong ; ls -lR' should trigger the necessary resolution
> to force all data in the expanded volume to the new server.

Prompt as always! Thanks Jan.
With this information I think I'll be able to hack a script which does this automatically,
but the best bet will be to automate it on the server side (codebase), I'll look further
for this :) Sometimes ago I was thinking about shared 'namespaces' (procs and mem) over
coda which wouldnt be a bad idea eh?

cheers