Coda File System

Fw: Newbie question about clone

From: Jeremy Kuo <yeatz_at_alumni.ccu.edu.tw>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 12:28:31 +0800 (CST)
Hello,

    I am trying to mount the clone volume on client, but failed.
    What I do is as follows,

    There are 2 servers installed, and I run venus in another pc as client.

    1. Create a replicated volume coda.volrep1.
       ==> it's ok, and I can mount the volume, add some files to it.
    2. Use "volutil clone" to take a clone volume named coda.volrep1.clone1 for coda.volrep1.
       Run "bldvldb.sh".
       ==> use "volutil getvolumelist" can see the read-only coda.volrep1.clone1 created.
    3. cfs mkmount /coda/volrep1/clone1 coda.volrep1.clone1
       ==> a dangling link appeared

    I can't find information about mounting a read-only volume(rplicated?) in documents.
    Is this operation illegal or meaningless in coda?
    Or there is something wrong in my actions?

    Thanks for any advice.

    Regards,
    Jeremy

--==Mailed via CCU webmail system==--