Coda File System

Re: WriteDisconnected volume

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 13:01:59 -0400
On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 03:52:55PM +0200, Steffen Neumann wrote:
> In the meantime there are more user with more conflicts on more
> machines, the problem starts to become annoying :-(
>
> The next time that happens on my machine
> I'll do some thorough debugging, till then
> the following might suffice. Unfortunately
> I don't know what the users did to create this mess.

Part of this is that servers were more likely to declare conflict on
volumes with only a single replica. So some of these problems are
possibly fixed by now. I'm working on fixing up CVS and getting things
ready for the new release.

Servers are almost drop in compatible, except for the user/group
database. But clients require a new kernel module and right now I'm
trying to breathe life back into the linux-coda.tgz so that it can
be used to build a new kernel module for 2.4 and possibly 2.5 kernels,
because it will probably be a while before the new code is accepted into
the tree and even longer before distribution pick it up.

I probably would have been able to release last friday were it not for
the kernel dependency.