Coda File System

Venus problems on Win2K

From: Val Blant <umblantv_at_cc.UManitoba.CA>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 00:18:34 -0400
Hi.
I have successfully installed the coda server on my Linux machine, but now I am stuck with getting Venus to work on my client machine running Win2K SP3.

I installed everything as per the instructions, but here is what happens:
"net start coda" works fine.
"net start venus" says:
The venus service is starting.
The venus service could not be started.

A system error has occurred.

System error 1067 has occurred.

The process terminated unexpectedly.

If I try to start venus not as a service, I get this:
$ venus
Coda Venus, version 5.3.19

Date: Mon 04/28/2003

22:54:57 /usr/coda/LOG size is 2611887 bytes
22:54:57 /usr/coda/DATA size is 10447548 bytes
22:54:57 Initializing RVM data...
Error rvm_load_segment returns 201
22:54:58 Recov_InitRDS: rds_zap_heap failed (RVM_EINTERNAL)

I have tried all suggested resolutions found on this mailing list that I could find, such as moving around and renaming cygwin1.dll and setting "mapprivate=0". I also tried venus -init. Nothing of the above worked.
Is it possible to turn on more debugging? (I already did vutil -d 1)

I am also somewhat confused as to why the client needs RVM at all? Does the client actually use it? If it is trying to map the memory, could it be that it is trying to map something that is already taken? How can I check?
I would apprecieate any help. Thanks.

Val
Could it be that