Coda File System

Re: libdb

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>
Date: 02 Apr 2003 09:21:04 -0500
NetBSD and FreeBSD have db 1.85 as part of the base system.

There is also gdbm, which provides db compatibility and a similar
interface.  It happens to be installed on my system and is required by
sawfish/librep.

My system also has sleepycat db3 installed, required by a lot of gnome
stuff.

So while a rwcdb implementation is nice, using native db, gdbm, or db3
would have the advantage of not having more code to maintain and
perhaps having a standard on-disk format that could be read by perl
etc.  db3 is pretty large, though, but it's not like coda servers are
small already.

Sorry to be difficult, but I don't see why this is hard.
<flamebait>Are the mainstream Linux distributions really this
broken?</>

And I noticed your post was 4/1, but I've been hearing db1.85
rumblings for a long time.

        Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>