Coda File System

Re: always coda client

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:50:25 -0500
On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 06:44:08PM +0100, Daniele Palumbo wrote:
> i repeat two questions:
> 1) Phil can you make a doc with the procedure of coda client alpha 7
> install? in particular: why we need to have coda.sys?
> is the famous "fs core" closed source? where is in coda-5.3.19.tar.gz?

M guess is that coda.sys is the NT's kernel module for Coda, which is
using the FSDK toolkit.

> 2) which version of cygwin were tested? which perl version? which is your
> hardware? was coda client installed from a new fresh installation?

I am looking at an XP machine that Phil was using the last time he
visited CMU. I can't really find which cygwin version is installed, but
it has "perl 5.6.1 built for cygwin-multi".

The machine seems to have XP with SP1 hotfixes, Microsoft SDK Update
August 2001, Visual Studio 6.0, Windows DDK 2600, and a Windows XP
application compatibility update Q319580. As far as I remember this
setup is based on a fresh install.

Yay, just found the cywin version number, it looks like it is
cygwin-1.3.12-2.tar.bz2