Coda File System

Re: Cannot get Coda server working

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:01:53 -0500
On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 05:50:47PM -0800, Paul Estes wrote:
> [root]# createvol_rep rootvol E0000100 /vicepa
> V_BindToServer: binding to host synchron
> RPC2_NewBinding to server synchron failed with RPC2_NOBINDING (F)
> Failed to dump the current VRDB into /vice/db/VRList.new

Could you send me the output of 'strace -o trace rpc2ping synchron'?

rpc2ping is a little test application that just does the rpc2 connection
setup, but the trace will still be pretty big, so send it off-list.

Another tests that you could do, can you 'ping synchron', and what
ip-address is it using, and which ip-address does ifconfig report. I've
seen similar problems when a DHCP server was giving a machine one
address, while the hostname in DNS resolved to a completely different
address.