Coda File System

Re: a coda success story amongst my troubles!

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:04:15 -0500
On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 09:53:35AM -0800, Rod Van Meter wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 09:49, ext Greg Troxel wrote:
> > Earlier, I upgraded to cvs-HEAD to get the reintegration fix patch,
> > and ended up with buggy rpc2 code and all my venii crashed :-(.  I
> > backed off from that and now all is ok.
>
> Speaking of which, did my v6 RPC2 code get integrated into the CVS
> tree?  I don't have CVS access from here inside the firewall, so I can't
> check.

No, sorry, not yet. I really should just apply it and do a better merge
with the existing stuff later.

> It shouldn't have caused your problem, because it should all just be
> compiled out for anyone not explicitly playing with it.

No it was a change that I made to the packing/unpacking of one of the
RPC2 datatypes. Old versions of rpc2 had a problem unpacking the data.
I've changed it and tested all combinations of old clients vs. new
servers now.