Coda File System

coda debian packages

From: Edd Dumbill <edd_at_usefulinc.com>
Date: 22 Jan 2003 18:02:11 +0000
Hi

I've hit upon a problem with coda that I think is specific to the debian
packages.  Reintegration always fails and the coda tools seem unable to
find the .tar files for replay.

After a cfs reconnect, I get this in /var/log/coda/venus.log on the
client:

[ I(23) : 0000 : 17:05:15 ] IncReintegrate: (testme,-106) result = No
such file
or directory, elapsed = 42.8 (0.4, 25.8, 16.6)

trying to replay the closure always results in an error like

% cfs rc /var/lib/coda/spool/117/testme\@_coda_test.tar
_coda_test: No such file or directory

As reintegration fails, I end up with local inconsistency.
However, a cfs repair fails there.  I get OK through the remove and
rename mutations, but when it comes to the store one:

repair > checklocal
local mutation: store /coda/test/testy/local/foo.txt
no conflict
repair > preservelocal
VIOC_REP_CMD(REP_CMU_PRESERVE): No such device
local mutation: store /coda/test/testy/local/foo.txt
no conflict

and venus then hangs, complaining:

17:47:35 fatal error -- DoRepair: Store with no local data!
17:47:35 RecovTerminate: dirty shutdown (1 uncommitted transactions)

(I've got a volume called testme mounted at /coda/test, and I was
editing a file foo.txt in /coda/test/testy/).

I'm using the latest deb packages from code.cs.cmu.edu on Debian sid.

Thanks for any help you could offer.

-- Edd Dumbill