Coda File System

Re: Kerberos5 auth is causing clog to segfault

From: Mark Phalan <loop_at_netsoc.tcd.ie>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 16:19:32 +0000
On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 10:39:13PM +0100, Ivan Popov wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Jan Harkes wrote:
>
> > Kerberos is something that I don't use myself, so it is mostly dependent
> > on patches that people submit. The problem is that sometimes I get
> > carried away and clean up the code a bit too much. I believe that Ivan
> > Popov confirmed that the current CVS version was working for him (a
> > couple of months ago).
>
> Works for me nicely (around cvs20020922, outdated?),
> it was the "coda_20020715_realms" branch, if it matters.

Hi,

I'm having some problems with Coda CVS (I'm only using it because the latest
stable version causes clog to segfault with kerberos5 support). I can fully
understand if Coda in CVS is unworkable or broken, that is often the nature of
using such "bleeding edge" code. The CVS version builds perfectly with crypto
support, installs fine. Venus seems to run perfectly now that I've applied the
kernel patches but I can't seem to be able to create files on /coda at all.

I've set up my local user (uid = 1000) to be the admin user and am using the
default password of "changeme".  When I run clog -coda (the README.kerberos
should probably be fixed - it mentions "-codaauth"), and put in my password
it seems to work.  Yet when I run ctokens I get

	Tokens held by the Cache Manager:
	Local username: mark

Just as if I hadn't authenticated myself at all!

And when I try to create a directory in /coda it get

	mkdir: cannot create directory `foo': File exists

I get this for any filename I care to think of.

The output of
	cfs la /coda
is
	/coda: No such device

Yet venus is running and "mount" shows coda mounted

	Coda on /coda type coda (rw)

Are these known problems with CVS Coda?
I don't need to be running the CVS version of Coda - does anyone _know_ of a
version of Coda which would work with my system (2.4.20, gcc 3.2.1 glibc 2.3.1)
which supports kerberos5 (the latest stable version seems broken in that regard)?

Thanks Mark