Coda File System

Re: okay, what am I doing wrong?

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:08:02 -0500
On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 04:34:23PM -0800, Rod Van Meter wrote:
> I have two clients (my laptop and my desktop) and one server, all
> running 5.3.20 on Red Hat 8.0 (WITHOUT my IPv6 code :-).  Right now, I'm
> in a bad state: I can create files on my laptop that never get
> reintegrated properly, and my laptop also doesn't see files created on
> my desktop.
>
> The files from the desktop are getting correctly pushed to the server
> (they appear in /vicepa), but the ones from the laptop don't.

So the laptop is disconnnected, and probably has a conflict that is
blocking reintegration.

> [root_at_localhost rdv]# 16:10:37 Checkpointing developers:rdv
> 16:10:37 to /usr/coda/spool/500/developers_rdv@_coda_rdv.tar
> 16:10:37 and /usr/coda/spool/500/developers_rdv@_coda_rdv.cml
> 16:10:37 Reintegrate: developers:rdv, 100/114 records, result = Unknown
> error 198

Not sure what 198 is, but reintegration failed. The first entry in
/usr/coda/spool/500/developers_rdv@_coda_rdv.cml should be the operation
that is causing the problem.

> [root_at_localhost rdv]# cfs lv /coda
>   Status of volume 0x7f000000 (2130706432) named "codaroot"

Nice, but what is the status of the volume mounted at /coda/rdv?

> This, despite the fact that I believe there should be no conflicts, and
> repair says:

No conflicts in the codaroot volume, but developers:rdv seems to be the
problematic one. You can try to search for it with,

    find /coda/rdv -lname '@*'