Coda File System

success (was Re: no joy on RH8.0 -- empty VLDB, other problems)

From: Rod Van Meter <Rod.VanMeter_at_nokia.com>
Date: 18 Dec 2002 16:32:15 -0800
Success!  I'm now up to a large-scale wide-area distributed file system
consisting of one client, one server, one file in the store, and a
single ethernet switch under my desk :-).

I had missed adding ".nokia.net" to vicetab.  Thanks for the pointer.
After that, createvol_rep worked.

The online documentation would definitely benefit from including the
expected output of installation commands, so we have a little better
idea what we're looking at the first time.

Do the RPMs not include man pages, or have I missed something somewhere?

Next steps -- more clients, more files, a test of disconnected
operation, then install the source and start hacking :-).

Thanks for your help, Jan.  Hopefully I'll contribute and become
exothermic at some point!

		--Rod