Coda File System

Re: venus backups [trouble on NetBSD with different inodes]

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>
Date: 16 Dec 2002 14:19:51 -0500
Thanks; I'll try that sometime I can afford to be down long enough to
fsck a big disk.  This might not be the 'last bug'.  If it works I'll
send you a diff, which I'd like committed, even if the ifdef defaults
to declining to accept such cache files.

There are two issues: security and robustness.  venus being able to
look at the wrong file is one thing, but the kernel should never panic
on bad data from userspace.  It would be good to move to passing file
descriptors or something or somehow enforce access rights so that in
the glorious future venus can be 'nobody'.

        Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>