Coda File System

Re: coda on RedHat 8.0 ?

From: armani <armani_at_realty.com.tw>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 03:57:38 +0800
Excuse me ..

I pull the source from CVS. And I read the README.BSD
It said $SRC/configure [ but the source directory doesn't contain this file
... ]

[armani_at_st3 coda]$ ls
bootstrap.sh      configure.in  djgpp     Makeconf.setup.in  README.nt
utils-src
ChangeLog         CREDITS       doc       Makefile.in        README.Solaris
coda_config.h.in  CVS           lib-src   obj                README.win95
coda-src          cygwin        LICENSE   README.BSD         tests
configs           debian        Makeconf  README.kerberos    tools

I am not familier with auto-configure but Makefile.
So would you like to tell me if the source tree lack of this file or just
use configure.in to generate the
configure file ? How to do with it .. [ Is this a FAQ ?] @_@

[As CVS log]
[root_at_st3 coda]# cvs st -v configure.in
File: configure.in      Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    4.90
   Repository revision: 4.90    /coda-src/coda/configure.in,v
   Sticky Tag:          (none)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      (none)

   Existing Tags:
==>>        coda_20020715_realms            (branch: 4.89.2)
        coda_20020715                   (revision: 4.89)
        c5_3_19                         (revision: 4.86)
        c5_3_18r2                       (revision: 4.84)

I checkout this branch 4.89.2. Then I still can't find `configure' file.
So is there documents speak about this that I could read ?

BTW: I've built a Bootable Kickstart RedHat 8.0 CD [ minimal base ], I would
like to built CODA into this
CD, and it could pull a ip from dhcp and auto config CODA. Maybe someone
will like this way ^_^

--Armani Liao

Mail:   codevel_at_ieee.org
Web:   http://www.codevel.com