Coda File System

Doiung the repair limbo

From: Steffen Neumann <sneumann_at_TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Date: 09 Dec 2002 10:38:21 +0100
Hi,

I just did a repair session (again on non-important data)
and found a few things. Coda is some CVS Version after 5.4.19

First repair/beginrepair laptop_liste failed with an error message

	Gaspra:/coda/vol/ai/share # ls -l
	ls: bin: Connection timed out
	ls: doc: Connection timed out
	total 4
	drwxr-xr-x  15 sneumann nogroup      2048 Nov  6 01:36 .
	drwxrwxrwx  12 root     nogroup      2048 Nov  6 01:36 ..
	lr--r--r--   1 root     4294967294       27 Dec  9 10:20 laptop_liste -> @7f000004.ffffffff.00080000

	repair > beginrepair laptop_liste
	Too few directory entries
	Could not allocate replica list

Even though it created the mixed view laptop_liste/local and laptop_liste/global.
The point I had missed was that I didn't have the *correct* token
for the user that had caused the conflict. I'd like to see some more
elaborate checking of user/tokens and intuitive error messages.

Second I have a conflict for a file that never existed:

	10:21:11 Local inconsistent object at /coda/vol/ai/share/laptop_lows.c, please check!

This looks like either a problem with the print output,
where ows.c overwrote ...iste/ or laptop_liste had been
overwritten earlier, which is probably worse.

I now have a very weird state:

	Gaspra:/coda/vol/ai/share/laptop_liste # cfs lv .
	  Status of volume 0x7f000004 (2130706436) named "coda.vol.ai"
	  Volume type is ReadWrite
==>	  Connection State is Connected
	  Minimum quota is 0, maximum quota is unlimited
	  Current blocks used are 156644
	  The partition has 1723716 blocks available out of 4787924
	  Write-back is disabled
==>	  *** There are pending conflicts in this volume ***

Any ideas, short ov venus -init ? I can keep the machine
in that state for a day or so, 'till I'll sweep the cache.

Yours,
Steffen