Coda File System

Re: NetBSD 1.6?

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:42:03 +0930
On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 03:39:32PM -0400, Jan Harkes wrote:

> This sounds a lot like it is hanging on a DNS lookup or something
> similar, however I don't think '^C' would abort such a lookup without
> killing venus.

No, this is not a dns lookup problem.  My naming services are
configured to check local files first before querying dns... in fact,
this problem happens with the client that is running on the server
machine too.

> Actually why doesn't ^C kill venus? Even if this is in the kernel, the
> SIGINT should still kill the client...

Good question.  If venus is operating normally then SIGINT will cause
it to die but when it is "hung" the SIGINT makes it continue normal
operation.

--
Brett Lymn