Coda File System

Re: Coda unable to reintegrate CMLs

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 18:39:04 -0400
On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 04:41:11PM -0400, Adrian Irving-Beer wrote:
> Further, although 'cfs fr' still reports 'Invalid argument', it does

Cfs fr is something related to writeback caching that was never properly
finished. It pretty much always returns that error.

> In any case, to my untrained eye, 'unrepaired local subtree(s)' *could*
> suggest a venus cache error.  (Of course, I'd be more inclined to
> attribute that sort of message to a global/local reintegration conflict,
> but there didn't seem to be any.)

It is in fact a local/global conflict. Most likely due to a remove
operation. I guess the directory in which the conflict should appear was
also removed, so we can't show the conflict in the location it really
is. Normally the fact that there is a conflict is propagated to the
parent directory until we reach a directory that hasn't been removed
yet. However whenever there is a shell or process with that directory as
it's current working directory we cannot turn it into a symlink.