Coda File System

Re: Coda unable to reintegrate CMLs

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:39:23 +0200 (MET DST)
Hello Adrian,

> 	* I have a token;
> 	* the client can talk to the server (cmon, cfs cs);
> 	* there are no conflict-signifying dangling symlinks (find /coda
> 	  -type l).

> The logs mention plenty of entries regarding how the volume has
> 'unrepaired local subtree(s)' and how it's skipping the CML
> checkpointing.  (Exactly one per ten minutes, give or take a few
> seconds.)

I have unfortunately no good hypothesis why it has happened (neither
really - what has happened).

> What am I missing here?  I'm running 5.3.17 -- would upgrading help?

You do not tell us what platform and kernel version you are running, but
anyway - I would definitely upgrade to the latest stable Coda version
(5.3.19).

It does not save your non-integrated data, though...
You may copy the data to the local disk or to some other media (on
the concerned client), before reinitializing venus.

Regards and good luck,
--
Ivan