Coda File System

Re: Comparisons

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:49:45 +0200 (MET DST)
Hello Johan!

> that I'm currently workning on my M.Sc.-thesis at Chalmers University of
> Technology in Sweden and one of the issues that I am "investigating" is
> distributed file systems.

Nice to hear!

> Does anybody know of any (benchmark-)comparisons between NFS and Coda or
> AFS and Coda?
> Does anybody know of any other good comparisons, like robustness or such?

I have no real numbers but I'm interested in performance comparison,
too. It would be exciting to run some benchmarks, under different
circumstances (10Mbit LAN, 100Mbit LAN, adsl, modem, fast server/slow
client, slow server/fast client, cache sizes, memory sizes and so on...)
just never having time for that... :-/

We are on the same campus, so we'll get in touch.

Regards,
--
Ivan