Coda File System

volume replication

From: <xavier.detro_at_tudor.lu>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:04:54 +0200
Dear coda,

After having parsed all the documentations available on coda, I can't find
explicitely and clearly what are the steps to have a replicated volume on 2
servers. I understood that the root volume cannot be the same than the
replicated one, so what is the classical/minimal configuration to have one
replicated volume ?

In the Exploring Replication (chapter 4.2) of the HowTo, one says:

** Make two new entries in the /vice/db/VSGDB file **

In my VSGDB file I have :

When I try to create the new volume, I have :

Failed to dump the current VRDB into /vice/db/VRList.new

Could I have some help please ?

Thank you

Xavier Detro

Centre de Recherche Public Henri Tudor security systems for the presence of
computer viruses.