Coda File System

[kind of offtopic] Re: CODA Scalability

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:17:39 +0200 (MET DST)
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 10:43:15AM +1000, Nick Andrew wrote:
> >
> > I guess it must be hard to do, if people always talk about it but
> > never do it. I imagine that the union filesystem code has to map the

In fact, it has been done many times, for Linux too. Then abandoned.
Now union mounts and translucency are available again.

I suspect the earlier projects were abandoned because it is hard to use
consequently. It may be my fault, but I am not aware of people actually
deploying overlay filesystems, on any platform.

Regards,
--
Ivan