Coda File System

Re: CODA Scalability

From: Matt Piechota <piechota_at_argolis.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:54:41 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Nick Andrew wrote:

> 2:  EXT3 filesystems on that, with journalling. I can grow the EXT3
>     filesystem on the fly, to fit the newly-grown logical volume.
>     Journalling and everything will be duplicated under the RAID.

I'm gonna put a plug in for SGI's xfs here.  It's a truly journaled fs,
fscks in under a second, and I've never lost a file due to OS crashes.  It
also has the ability to grow on the fly.  It's been around in IRIX for
at least 4 years, and I've used it on rather large volumes (+-500GB).
That being said, I've never tried to use it with InterMezzo, so it may
well not work.

Daniel Robbins has written a very series of articles about (disk based)
filesystems, at
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/l-fs11.html?dwzone=opensource

--
Matt Piechota