Coda File System

spurious Permission denied offline on apparently working setup

From: Steffen Neumann <sneumann_at_TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Date: 26 Jul 2002 14:37:36 +0200
Hi,

I encountered the following strange behaviour
in the last days, and I'd like to know if it
is a bug with coda, or I got something wrong.

0) I'm online. My homes volume is there,
   Connected, I got a valid token

1) I am hoarding my home volume

2) At home I use my (expired) token -fromfile
   to login.

3) All files are there. Fine.

4) Sometimes (and here's the problem)
   files in a directory are write protected,
   whereas other directories in the same volume
   are not (Usually I copy the files to /home/user
   and copy them back when I get back to college).
   Those files were fine when I worked online.

What might cause this ? What can I do to examine the cause
for this behaviour ? Does it make a difference
whether the files were hoarded by ma on console#1
or me as root ('cause I didn't want to walk over
to do the hoarding ...) ? I'd like to be prepared
when this happens the next time.

Yours,
Steffen