Coda File System

Re: Status of Coda under Linux.

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 17:45:56 +0200 (MET DST)
On 9 Jul 2002, Erik Enge wrote:

>   Is there somebody out there using Coda in a production
>   environment?

I think Carnegie Mellon is still the place where Coda is deployed mostly.

I am running 2 dedicated servers and 6 clients for 5 users running mostly
mail/irc/www with all of data occupying less than 10Gb.

I would consider this installation still experimental.

One problem still bothers me, on massive reintegrations clients tend to
be catched in a situation when venus dies because of failed assertion and
the only way to revive the client is to reninitialize the cache,
thus possibly losing data (I think it was at most once that I lost some
data :)

Anyway I think Coda works well enough to be useful, and it is uniquely
stable when facing network connectivity problems (or if a server would
be shut down for maintainance or would crash).

Good luck,
--
Ivan