Coda File System

Re: slow writes

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 14:29:35 +0930
On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 06:19:08AM +0200, Fredrik Bodin wrote:

> Just have to ask, since you are running coda on NetBSD.

Indeed I am :-)

> How did you set up the partitions on the system?

Sorry - I cannot be much help there, I am just using files for my DATA
and LOG because I was more interested in making sure my data was not
just on my laptop.  I would imagine you would just use disklabel to
slice the disk up and then use the raw partitions (e.g. /dev/rwd0f,
/dev/rwd0g) but I am only guessing.

> Got a ad2 disk witch i'm not sure how to partition for coda, to get the best
> performance of the data and log partition.

ad2?  you mean sd2 ... if so, aaaahhh a scsi disk, just do what I said
above but the raw partitions will start with /dev/rsd2

> Btw: Nice article, i have seen it before and used it :) But i'm looking for
> the write performance :)

Thanks, I am glad it helped.  I wish I had more time to write more
about Coda (and other things).

--
Brett Lymn