Coda File System

Re: can't create volume? Start client?

From: Nic Ferrier <nferrier_at_tapsellferrier.co.uk>
Date: 12 May 2002 14:56:31 +0000
Hi folks,

I appreciate all your help so far, I feel like I'm nearlly there now
but I have another issue.

Nic said:
> > When I try to login I get an error:
> >
> >    Invalid login (RPC2_NOBINDING (F)).

Jan replied:
> This is unrelated to venus not yet running, you also seem to be not
> running the auth2 daemon that handles authentication requests. And
> probably are also missing rpc2portmap, updateclnt and updatesrv.
>
> Try something like /etc/init.d/auth2.init start, and
> /etc/init.d/update.init start.

Thanks Jan. They were actually running, however, a restart did the
trick.

However, when I do try to login now I get this message:

   Local login only, could not contact venus

Here is the report of    netstat -aut  :

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
udp        0      0 *:codasrv               *:*
udp        0      0 *:codasrv-se            *:*
udp        0      0 *:rpc2portmap           *:*
udp        0      0 *:codaauth2             *:*

Is this correct?

I'm not sure what's going on here.

Are there any man pages?

Nic