Coda File System

Re: FAQs update please

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:40:52 -0500
On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 08:33:00PM +1100, Dexter Plameras wrote:
> Hi according to the FAQs on your web site it states that coda is not
> yet ready for production release. This is dated 1998 and I assume
> would put a lot of people off (like myself) using/tinkering with the
> system.
>
> Please advise if the system is or is not ready for production use.

What is production use?

I'd say a small userbase (about 20-30 people) and a few servers (3-6) is
pretty workable. We've been running that here for a while now and
haven't had serious disasters.

Don't expect to export several Terabytes (or even 100's of GBi) for a
large group of non-technical oriented users.