Coda File System

big UpdateClntLog

From: Florian Schaefer <listbox_at_netego.de>
Date: 22 Jan 2002 08:23:56 CET
Hi,

I just found out, that my UpdateClntLog currently has a size of 34MB (the
first ntry is dated 10/25/2001). It has become that big, as I get tons of
the following errors:

08:20:37 Fetch failed for 'db/auth2.tk.BAK' with No such file or
directory
08:20:37 Fetch failed for 'db/dumplist' with No such file or directory

In numbers: I have 487093 of those lines.

I'm running a coda server 5.3.17. What has gone wrong here? Those files
really don't exist. Can I just touch them, or do they need to have a
special content?

After solving this, I'd like to shrink the logfile. Is there an official
way to do this?

Ciao
Florian