Coda File System

Re: Linux options for Coda

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:23:11 -0500
On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 09:44:22AM -0800, Tewari, Vijay wrote:
> I am just starting to play around with Coda. I want to install Coda on a RH
> Linux machine and have an option of using 6.1, 7.1 or 7.2.
> Would appreciate recommendations.

Well, all of the above should work, although on 7.2 the provided kernel
doesn't work when the client cache is stored in ext3. You need to grab a
more recent 2.4 kernel (2.4.4 or higher) from updates.redhat.com.

Also we compile the rpm's on an older RedHat 5.2 machine, so you need to
install some package with compatibility libraries (compat-stdc or
compat-libs, I always forget the name) which is typically not installed
during a fresh install.