Coda File System

Volumes inaccessible

From: <dan.lynch_at_fensystems.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 19:51:26 +0000 (GMT)
Hi, I'm pretty much a newbie to Coda but am very interested in it
professionally because of its replication and disconnected operation
features.

However, I seem to be having some problems setting up replicated servers
reliably. The primary installation goes smoothly, but upon power cycle of
all of the servers (though I seem to have narrowed this down to the SCM) I
cannot access the mounted filesystem (/coda). I can clog ok, cfs lv /coda
says that the volume is up and connected, but I get "connection timed out"
upon an ls /coda. Both replicated servers are running the necessary
services and I get the same message even after a system purge of vice
(what can I say - a fit of despearation!)

Also, in a semi-related question, is it possible to add servers to a
replication group AFTER the creation of a replicated volume?

Thanks in advance.

--
Dan Lynch
Systems Consultant