Coda File System

Re: coda funding

From: David Santo Orcero <irbis_at_orcero.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 05:30:34 +0100 (CET)
 Hello, coda hackers!

 My personal opinion:

> 1. Make it robust (may be we are already there? :)

 For me, coda is robust. It is working fine for me on a production
environment.

> 2. Relax server file number limitation to say 500Gb of 10k-files
>    (even if by a cute configuration utility creating 10 servers at once?)

 Greater it will be good, but I have no problem on its actual limitations.

> 3. Create a working client solution (client, gateway, samba setup,
>    anything) for Win2k & similar

 I do not use Win2k, can't give opinion.

> 4. Introduce real encryption and make both the server and clients
>    basically resistant against spoofing, buffer overflows and other
>    evident types of attack

 This could be interesting to use it on a exposed environment, but only as
an option -it could work slower-.

 Anyway, I think that there is only one problem with coda: the
documentation. It is somewhat hard to follow it, because it has a strange
organization for me.

 This does not do less of the "great thing": coda is a great filesystem,
that give to us practical solutions for practical problems. Thanks, coda
developers! Excelent work! I want to thank also to Jan Harkes for his
help. Without it, it would be impossible for me to use it.

 Yours:

David

http://www.orcero.org/irbis