Coda File System

Re: Programming for RPC2 and C++

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:42:54 -0400
On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 10:57:14PM -0400, Stephen Torri wrote:
> I want to be able to authenticate a user for the CODA server from within
> the code. I do not want to be separately authenticating with the CODA

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do.

We don't get authenticated by the Coda servers, the clog application on
the clients contacts the auth2 daemon which handles authentication and
passed back a 'Coda token'. This token is then passed on to the Coda
client using ioctl system call on a magic file, /coda/.CONTROL

Do you want to create your own Coda client that talks directly to the
servers? Or modify a userspace application that talks to venus, which
talks to the servers, in that case you might want to look at using PAM,
and one of the existing pam modules that handles Coda authentication
(ftp.coda.cs.cmu.edu:/pub/coda/contrib). In fact the code you might be
looking for should be in pam_coda-v0.1-adrian.tar.gz.