Coda File System

Re: Problems with tar archives

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:44:28 -0400
On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 09:39:08AM +0200, Matthias Teege wrote:
> I'll append the last 100 lines from venus.log. There you can see that all
> directorys under /coda has gone.

?? I don't see anything being gone. The few ENOENT errors look like
stat operations to check whether the destination of a rename really
doesn't exist. I also see that you're running write-disconnected, and
have been in that mode for a while because venus is using temporary
fids. There temporary fids will be replaced by global fids right before
reintegration, perhaps the kernel module didn't get the right purges and
will be using the wrong identifiers once a chunk gets reintegrated.

> Can It be an cache problem? I have two servers and in this case venus run
> on server 1 (scm) and the volume to write is on server 2. All files must
> write over network to server 2. So I setup a big cache (300000) on server

I would expect that a cvsup in (write-)disconnected mode would require
more than 300MB.