Coda File System

Low bandwidth lockup

From: <jeremy_at_itassist.net.au>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:06:09 +1000 (EST)
I keep getting this message:

14:32:39 Reintegrate: volname, 4/66 records, result = Connection timed out

I think I am experiencing the same problems that Greg Troxel did in a
post to the mailing list back in June:

http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/maillists/codalist-2001/0509.html

The logs show the servers are getting the request and processing it.
This is happening over an ISDN link, so that puts the connection into
writeback disconnected most of the time.

I was wondering if there was a workaround other than patching the code.
If the only way is to patch the code, could Greg or someone else who has
done this post a patch please?  I am not familiar enough with the code
to hack it myself, but if you could point me to the right line I could
edit it.

For reference I managed to get this error by copying a directory tree
into the coda fs.  Prior to that creating files, editing them etc
proceeded normally (properly replicated).  The moment I do the directory
thing it goes boom.

After that all file writes lock up (for that volume).

After a while venus goes into a sulk and refuses to try and reintegrate
the volume.

Also, what was the explaination for:

docks:/coda/usr/jeremy# cfs fr /coda/usr/jeremy/
VIOC_SYNCCACHE: Invalid argument
  VIOC_SYNCCACHE returns -1

  I saw it go past on the mailing list but I can't find it now.
--
I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,