Coda File System

Re: coda in solaris 8/netra x1.

From: Phil Nelson <phil_at_cs.wwu.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:14:28 -0700 (PDT)
>Any experience of coda with solaris 8 in a production environment? I'm
>planning to do some HA stuff with coda in a pair of netra x1 but dunno it i'd
>get the screws blowing up my face ;-).ds

The release version of the coda kernel module for Solaris is known to
not work on 64 bit versions of Solaris.  It has worked on 32 bin 5.7.
I do have patches to make it work on 64 bit versions, but I'd have to
look for them.  Also, the patches worked only with the Sun compilers
and not with the GNU compilers.

The Solaris kernel module needs attention.

--Phil

--
Phil Nelson                       NetBSD: http://www.netbsd.org
e-mail: phil@cs.wwu.edu           Coda: http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu