Coda File System

Re: client && server at the same time.

From: Steffen Neumann <sneumann_at_TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Date: 27 Aug 2001 09:47:12 +0200
David <drio_at_helping2help.com> writes:

> On 24 Aug 2001, Steffen Neumann wrote:
[...]
> > And the passwords/token are associated with
> > the respective uid of apache and cyrus.
>
> Ok, know I see it.
>
> And one more thing... Why do the tokens expires? And the only way
> to refresh the tokens is use the crontab system?

I'd say for security reasons. It boils down to a forced
daily authentication for clients/users. The cron method
is a rather crude workaround, since you are not meant to
store passwords in the clear on any machine :-(

You might want to investigate the source:

	sed -e s/25h/9999h/g vice/*  (won't work, but you get the idea)

Yours,
Steffen