Coda File System

Problems using coda, especially when rebooting

From: <>
Date: Mon Aug 20 02:27:45 2001
Hi Again

I am having some crazy problems with coda 5.3.15 on FreeBSD 4.3. I
have got coda partially working. I have setup my coda installation on
two servers as per the Coda Manual, one as the SCM, another as a
replicating server. All works fine and I can create files on the root
volume that replicate across both servers.

I then create a new volume in the storage group that contains both
services. In VSGDB, it is:

E0000100 tweedledee  ; SCM
E0000102 tweedledum  ; non-SCM
E0000104 tweedledee tweedledum

I can then create a volume in E0000104 and watch the logs to see it
successfully created on both machines.

Then I `cd /coda' and `cfs mkmount hills coda.hills', and the logs
once again show everything going well. Then I go `ls -la hills'. And
then my machine times out.

Then I think "Hmmm...strange. Let me reboot and see if that fixes it."
(I come from a Windows background and still unfortunately have to
support Windows machines). I reboot, then start up coda and venus on
both machines, and try and access /coda. The error `cd: /coda: Device
not configured' appears.

I can supply logs if you need them, but does anybody have any idea why
this would be happening? I know you usually need logs but I thought I'd
ask before posting a thousand lines of logfile again.

TIA

Brett.
--
DeYahoo: The feeling you've searched the web for this before