Coda File System

Re: creating a mountpoint of a replicated volume

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:45:53 -0400
On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 08:36:17PM +0000, irbis_at_orcero.org wrote:
> VLDB completed.
> <echo comun 7f000002       4 4000003 3000001 2000001 1000001 0 0 0 0
> E0000102 >> /vice/db/VRList>
> V_BindToServer: binding to host server1
> VRDB completed.
>
>  Well, it looks good. But from scm I try:
>
> cfs mkm /coda/comun comun
>
>  It runs softly, but It does not create a working mountpoint.

The volume creation looks good. Check whether the timestamps and sizes
of the VLDB and VRDB files in /vice/db on all servers are the same.

If they are not, there is probably something wrong with either
rpc2portmap or updateclnt, or even more likely updatesrv.

Updatesrv should work fine when it is started without arguments. The
argument used in startup scripts used to be something like -p /vice/db,
but this argument is actually incorrect and should be the compiled in
default "-p /vice".

>  In a desesperate try, I tryied:
>
> cfs mkm /coda/comun.0 comun.0
> cfs mkm /coda/comun.1 comun.1
> cfs mkm /coda/comun.2 comun.2
> cfs mkm /coda/comun.3 comun.3
>
>  But it also did not work.

In that case at least the VLDB is probably not up-to-date on all
servers.