Coda File System

Re: max "share" size

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 15:17:57 -0400
On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 10:22:51AM +0000, Paul Botelho wrote:
> I'm thinking of implementing coda on my company's internal network, i've
> installed in on 2 test machines, and have it working fine, but i've yet to
> find any documentation listing the maximum share size...  is it possible to
> create say.. a 40GB shared filesystem?
>
> (or 40GB split into several volumes?)

Coda doesn't really have 'shares' in the Win9x sense. Coda has multiple
servers that should at the moment be able to each handle about 10GB of
filedata.

The theoretical limit is about 50GB per server, but I don't think anyone
has even been able to run a server like that as it would also need 3GB
of virtual memory and would probably have severe performance problems.