Coda File System

Re: what do these messages mean?

From: Steffen Neumann <sneumann_at_TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Date: 25 Jun 2001 15:17:31 +0200
blymn_at_baesystems.com.au (Brett Lymn) writes:
[...]
> wont.  For some time this worked well but now when I do a hoard walk I
> get varying numbers of these messages:
[...]
>         *** Not bound ***  /coda/working/basesrc/lib/libform/driver.ln

It tells you that these files/dirs are not (yet)
in the venus cache.

There is (at least) two possibilities:

1) I assume that your /coda/working keeps growing...
   Then there are some poor files that just don't make it
   into your cache. How big is venus cache ?
   How big is /coda/working ?

2) If this happens shortly after compiling the stuff
   (seems to be the forms library...) and the messages
   result from a hoard verify, then it could be that
   the periodic hoard walk has not reached those files yet.

First guess would be 1) though ;-)

So long,
Steffen