Coda File System

NetBSD/sparc 1.5 seems to work.

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_fnord.ir.bbn.com>
Date: 22 Jun 2001 12:11:48 -0400
I cvs updated coda today and built it on NetBSD/sparc 1.5 (NetBSD from
cvs between 1.5 and 1.5.1).  Things seem to work ok.

I sent Jan a patch for one small bug in the rvm test code.
The only other problem was having to do

CFLAGS=-I/usr/pkg/include LDFLAGS="-L/usr/pkg/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib" \
  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/coda

to find readline.  Perhaps /usr/pkg should be included by default on
NetBSD?  One could argue that the compiler should do this, but perhaps
I'll try to make a patch.

I posted a long time ago about lwp on NetBSD/sparc 1.5 (release),
which didn't work.  I had suspected a NetBSD rather than a coda bug.
I don't know what's fixed, but the lwp test program worked ok.  So
people trying coda on NetBSD/sparc 1.5 should consider upgrading to
the 1.5.1 release candidates.

I first started up without masquerade=1 in a situation where it was
necessary (a stateful firewall, but no NAT).  venus behaved very badly
(wedged, didn't send probes on cfs cs, etc.), but did not crash, and
when I did 'vutil shutdown', figured this out, edited venus.conf, and
restarted all was ok.  I'm currently doing a hoard walk and faulting
lots of stuff into the cache.

(cvs from yesterday runs ok on NetBSD/i386 1.4.2+KAME), but that's
probably less exciting news.)

        Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>