Coda File System

Compilation problems on Windows NT

From: Seva Adari <Seva_at_Adari.Net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 16:34:10 -0700
Hi,

I am trying to build the coda server on windows NT using
cygwin tools. I have no problems compiling lwp-1.7,
rpc2-1.9 and rvm-1.3, but coda-5.3.14 has been failing
for lack of Berkeley db:

checking location of liblwp... default
checking location of librvm... default
checking location of librpc2... default
checking for main in -ltermcap... yes
checking location of libreadline... default
checking for db_185.h... no
checking for library containing dbopen... no
checking for library containing dbm_open... no
configure: error: failed to find libdb

I have gotten the source for db1 from redhat (SRPM),
tried to compile that on NT, and the compilation failed
on the very first file. Any suggestions or pointers to
resolve this are appreciated!

Can anybody on the list comment on the stability of
coda server on NT.

Thanks
__
Seva