Coda File System

"No such file or directory" on connected volume

From: Steffen Neumann <sneumann_at_TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 15:40:06 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

this question is not urgent
and mostly because I'd like to know what's going on.

On our Coda Server we have a nightly backup
that uses Veritas Netbackup's sort of tar
to get all of /coda/*

Same time we have a "find /coda >/dev/null"
that barfs on Files that are unreadable,
because of their ACL or other reasons.

Lately I have Problems like

	find: /coda/vol/r/src/R-1.2.1/library/nls/R-ex/DNase.R: No such file or directory
	[...about three dozens of that...]

and would like to inquire more.

The files are there, and I suspect some kind of
race condition between tar and find.
(Server's Client has 250MB Cache,
 Hoard DB is empty)

The problem can be triggered using something like:

( find /coda -noleaf >/dev/null & ) ; sleep 120 ; find /coda -noleaf >/dev/null

The venus log is filled with "RecordReplacement..."
The client is connected all the time,
(I don't know if CPU it goes to its knees
 and thus response lags are long enough
 to be considered a "slow" link)

Logfile looks good, I can send them if the problem
can't be reproduced.

Any ideas ?
I know, this is stressing coda,
but that helps debugging it ;-)